Euy's AP Psychology Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Big Issue

Psychologists have different perspectives on what drives people to do the things they do, and some of the perspectives contradict each other such as Rationality vs. Irrationality, Stability vs. Change, and Nature vs. Nurture. From the results of a survey I’ve done, I’ve found out that I support irrationality more than rationality. Personally, I do believe that for most of the time, people don’t understand themselves and their actions. For Stability vs. Change, my result confirms that I believe that people can change. Time passes by and people change along with it; people don’t stay the same throughout their lives. Experiences and environments change them.

Nature vs. Nurture is another big contradiction. Before doing the survey, I believed that I support nurture more than nature and the result proves that I do actually support it. The genes and traits can be inherited from parents, but personality can’t be. Personalities and attitudes come from the way people are raised, the experiences they face, and their own personal opinions towards them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home